2. You are not obliged to use any particular shop to obtain repairs. You choose a shop and authorize the repairs for your vehicle.
3. Some insurance companies may ask that you bring your vehicle to their claims center before you have it repaired. You may do this, or you may leave your vehicle at our shop and ask the insurance company to inspect the vehicle here.
4. Remember to ask if the repair shop offers a Lifetime Repair Warranty.
5. There is a big difference between repair shops. Any shop can give a lower estimate by overlooking needed parts or inclusive of all necessary work.
6. Your vehicle is the second largest investment you are likely to make. Preserve it's value as well as your safety by having it repaired by professionals.
7. You should choose a shop that stays up to date with the current technology that is necessary to fix today's complex vehicles.
8. By law, you have the right to bring your vehicle to the shop of your choice. Your insurance company cannot require you to go to a particular repair facility.
9. Our staff will help assist you with the negotiations of your claim with the insurance company. We will work closely with you as well as the insurance company to minimize any inconvenience to you.
10. You do not have to accept the Insurance Company's appraisal of damage. Check the "Appraisal Clause" in your policy on how to resolve any differences.